When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
All of the following drinks frequently make it to holiday diet blacklists. But they are more healthy that most health experts lead on. Check out our top 5 shockingly healthy holiday drinks:
- Eggnog – Eggnog is the most vilified of all of the traditional holiday drinks. But it’s actually not as bad as health experts have led you to believe. Egg yolks from pastured eggs are packed with vitamins A, D, and E. Cream from pastured cows is high in conjugated linoleic acid, also known as CLA. CLA has been shown to help promote a healthy lean body mass / fat mass ratio. If you want to improve the health of your favorite eggnog recipe, the best thing that you can do is cut the sugar in half.
- Hot Chocolate- Dark chocolate is packed with magnesium and potassium. Cocoa contains polyphenols, which are the same compounds found in red wine. Polyphenols can help prevent blood clots, heart attack, and stroke.
- Hot Toddy – A hot toddy is a popular tea made out of whiskey, honey, lemon, and tea. Recipes vary on the type of tea recommended, but using green tea can significantly boost the health benefits of this drink. Honey is a natural antibacterial agent, while the whiskey and lemon work together to soothe your scratchy winter throat.
- Candy Cane Martini – Instead of peppermint schnaps, add a few drops of peppermint oil to your martini shaker. Peppermint oil will help calm your stomach after overindulging in holiday treats.
- Gingerbread Steamer – Gingerbread steamers are made with warm milk, maple syrup, and spices like allspice, nutmeg, cloves, gingerbread, and ginger. Spices not only flavor your food, they also contain a variety of potent compounds that improve your health.
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 9643 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5857 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4251 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3447 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 3117 view(s)