When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
Are you already planning your Super Bowl party menu? If not, you better start. Grocery stores around the US are expecting millions of dollars in additional sales over the weekend thanks to Super Bowl snacks. Make sure you head to the stores early and with a plan this weekend so that your favorite ingredients aren’t out of stock.
One of the biggest sellers in recent years has been avocados. According to the Hass Avocado Board, it is estimated that over 70 million pounds of Hass avocados will be served the weekend of the big game. Avocados are the perfect Super Bowl snack thanks to guacamole, a tasty avocado-based side dish that works as a dip, spread, or topping.
What makes guacamole the perfect Super Bowl snack?
Guacamole as versatile as it is nutritious. Guacamole is a creamy blend of both savory and spicy flavors, making it a great addition to the crunchy foods usually served during the Super Bowl. It’s also a nutrition powerhouse. Packed with healthy fats and vitamins E, B-6 and C, guacamole is a great nutrition booster for a traditionally unhealthy meal.
What can you do with guacamole this Sunday?
- Top your burgers with guacamole instead of ketchup and mustard.
- Dip your spicy wings in guacamole instead of blue cheese.
- Create a veggie platter and use guacamole as a dip.
- Create a giant sub sandwich with whole wheat bread, chicken, and veggies. Use guacamole as the spread.
- Host a make-your-own taco bar and serve guacamole as a topping.
- Serve on top of tex-mex stuffed baked potatoes.
For additional guacamole recipes, check out the California Avocado Commission’s website.
What are your favorite uses for guacamole?
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 8178 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5855 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4420 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3159 view(s)
- Save Time and Money With These 5 Cheap and Healthy Ingredient Combinations 2812 view(s)