When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
I love making these to bring to work as snacks during the week. I developed this recipe after I realized how much money I was spending ducking into the gym after work to pick up my favorite whey protein brownie snacks. Instead of quitting my habit, I decided to make my own! These brownies make great snacks for people on the go who have demanding training schedules. If you need to eat every few hours but you’re sick of chicken and rice, try these treats.
Recipe: Whey Protein Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Summary: These brownies make great after workout snacks for folks trying to put on mass. They are easy to pack for people on the go, so throw some in your gym bag or hiking pack.
- 4 eggs
- 5 scoops whey protein powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip softened butter with maple syrup.
- Mix in almond butter.
- Add eggs and mix wet ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, blend almond flour, cocoa powder, and whey powder.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients while stirring.
- When ingredients are combined, pour into a greased 9×12 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake for 20 – 30 min, or until a fork comes out clean from the center of the dish.
- Brownies should be dense and fudge-like. Don’t overcook or the brownies will get dry and hard.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Nutrition facts for 1 brownie: 426 calories, 31.3 g fat, 15.4 g protein, 26 g carbs. 48% DV potassium, 21% DV magnesium, 25% manganese.
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 9229 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5703 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4043 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3256 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 3000 view(s)