When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
Did you make a New Year’s resolution related to your personal health and fitness in 2012? If so, you are not alone. It’s estimated that 40 – 45% of Americans make New Year’s resolutions, but only 64% of people are still keeping up with their resolutions when February 1 rolls around. Of these resolutions, the top areas of life that people want to improve include:
- Getting organized
- Spend less and save more
- Quit smoking
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Get in shape
DailyBurn users are more inclined to make fitness oriented goals. According to a survey of DailyBurn users, 53% have resolved to get in better shape and look great this year. 32% want to improve health, and only 4% want to quit an unhealthy vice like smoking or drinking too much. 7% want to improve sleeping habits.
Other New Year’s resolutions that people listed as “other” in the survey include:
- Eat less sugar
- Build muscle
- Get ready for an olympic triathlon
- Manage time better
- Improve self-esteem
Did you make a resolution this year? If so, what was it? Careful – if you tell us, we are going to hold you to it!
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 9300 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5761 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4069 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3279 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 3025 view(s)