When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
An analysis of brands searched on the DailyBurn iPhone app for 2011 so far yields some interesting results. It turns out that diet foods and fast foods are battling it out for the top brands searched. Subway was the top brand searched, with 44,019 searches.
In this data, we can clearly see the ambivalence of people who are tracking their nutrition intake. Based on our user demographics, I would expect a steady search pattern of popular “fit food” brands like Chobani, Clif Bar, Annie’s Homegrown, and Odwalla. Instead, the data is indicative of a more widespread problem – a cycle of indulgence and restriction rather than a balanced and healthy way of eating.
Top non-branded searched included eggs, milks, tomatoes, and spinach, all of which are healthy choices for sure. But when it comes to brands, it looks like we just can’t let go of our fast food indulgences and morning after diet redemption.
Have you ever tracked any of these brands? Let us know!
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 9428 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5659 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4205 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3403 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 3146 view(s)