When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
Recovery fuel is a key factor in increasing performance in the future. By replenishing your glycogen stores that are depleted during exercise, you’ll ensure that your muscles stock away enough energy for your next workout. The perfect blend of post-workout carbs and protein not only helps replenish and restore your muscles, but it also readies your body for the next workout. But how do you know how much to ingest post-workout? Here are some quick tips on how to properly recover after a workout:
- Consume 10 – 20 grams of protein within an hour after working out to help muscles recover. Eating more than 20 grams of protein at one time doesn’t appear to result in more muscle synthesis.
- Weigh yourself before and after a workout. For every pound of body weight lost, aim to replenish with 16-20 ounces of fluid.
- Eating carbs in addition to protein after working out helps muscles use the protein more efficiently.
G Series FIT 03 Recover provides a blend of fluid, protein and carbs to help your muscles get the most out of your workout. Keep recovery fuel at the top of your todo list to increase future performance.
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 9609 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5813 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4238 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3436 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 3107 view(s)