When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
Are you looking for a quick and healthy snack that will satisfy even the most intense cravings for a crunchy, salty bite? Try making homemade kale chips. They are easy to make, and packed with vitamins. Plus, you can season the chips with a variety of spice combinations, so you’ll never get bored!
The recipe is foolproof. All you need is a bunch of kale, olive oil, a pinch of salt, seasonings, a baking sheet, and an oven.
How to Make Kale Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse kale leaves and chop off the thick stalks. Place leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- Coat leaves with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix leaves until all leaves are lightly coated. Note – too much oil will cause chips to become greasy. Less is more. Remember, you want just enough oil to make the leaves crispy in the oven.
- Place leaves on a baking sheet and sprinkle spices and salt over the leaves.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until crispy. Check the chips every few minutes to make sure that you take them out before they burn.
Try the following seasoning combinations:
For spicy chips, try: paprika and cayenne pepper
For cheesy chips, try: grated parmesan or asiago cheese
For curried chips, try: cumin and turmeric
The possibilities are endless! these chips are cheap to make as well, so you don’t have to worry about making a costly mistake when you are experimenting in the kitchen. Enjoy!
Have you ever tried kale chips? What is your favorite seasoning combination?
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 8960 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5639 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 3995 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3184 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 2952 view(s)