When you have to choose between staying at home to use your Xbox and heading out for a gym workout, we know how hard it is for gadget heads like you to unplug. Let us read full story
Want to know how healthy your state is? The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index was released for 2011, and it reveals some surprising statistics about the health habits of Americans in difference regions. Check out the findings of the survey:
States that are known for their outdoor sports are less likely to have high obesity rates. Colorado, Utah, and Montana have populations who are dedicated to lifestyle sports like skiing, hiking, and mountain biking.
Another interesting finding is that states with the highest obesity rates tend to be in the south and the midwest.
How does your state stack up? What behaviors do you see in the population of your state to justify this ranking?
Subscribe to the DailyBurn Life newsletter for exclusive healthy tips, articles, recipes and more.
What we talk about
- The Real Reasons You Shouldn't Eat After 7PM If You Want to Lose Weight 9488 view(s)
- Top 10 Best Health and Fitness Blogs You Don't Know About (Until Now) 5648 view(s)
- How to Prep Healthy Meals for the Week Ahead 4145 view(s)
- 5 Ways To Use Protein Powder When Shakes Get Boring 3424 view(s)
- Spring Clean Your Liver To Rev Up Your Metabolism 3147 view(s)